- Cuisine: Continental
- Dish: Dessert
Prep Time: 25 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
For the Sugar Syrup
- 1/3 cup Cane Jaggery Powder
- 1 1/4 cup water
For the Batter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Cane Jaggery Powder
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Granular Jaggery to garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C for 20 minutes.
2. To make the sugar syrup, mix 1/3 cup of cane jaggery with a cup of water. Boil it for 10 to 15 minutes till it reduces to 3/4 cup. Add 1/4 cup warm water, mix and set it aside.
3. Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl.
4. In another bowl, add the cane jaggery and softened butter. Whisk until light and fluffy.
5. Add buttermilk and vanilla essence.
6. Gradually mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Add the sugar syrup to the mixture and whisk until smooth.
7. Pour the batter in cupcake liners. Fill them 3/4 of the way.
8. Tap the tray a few times to get rid of air bubbles.
9. Bake the cupcakes for 22 minutes.
10. Let the cupcakes cool and then frost them. Garnish with crispy granular cane jaggery and enjoy.