Prep Time: 4 Hours 15 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 100 g raw mango
- 1/2 Cup bengal gram (chana daal) (soaked for 4 hrs)
- 2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
- 1 Tsp sugar (as per taste)
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 inch ginger
- Himalayan Pink Salt as per taste
- Chopped coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 Tbsp oil
- Mustard seeds
- Cumin seeds
- Asafoetida (hing)
- Turmeric powder
- 6 -7 curry leves
- 2 dry red chillies
- Soak chana daal for 4 hours and drain the water.
- Peel a raw mango and grate it.
- In a blender jar, grind the green chilly, ginger, soaked chana daal, sugar, salt and half of the grated raw mango.
- Transfer it into a big bowl. Add the remaining grated raw mango, coconut and coriander leaves and mix it properly.
- Heat oil in pan. Add mustard and cumin seeds and allow to crackle it.
- Add dry red chilly and turn the flame off.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida, turmeric powder and curry leaves. Your tempering is ready.
- Pour the tempering over the ground mixture and mix it.
Serve hot with roti or naan.