Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
For the Laksa paste:
- 3 fresh red chilies
- 2 dry red chilies, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch galangal or ginger
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 pearl onions
- 5 cashew nuts
- 30 ml water
For the curry:
- 4 button mushrooms
- 4 spring onions
- 4 French beans
- 1 carrot
- 1 red, yellow and green capsicum
- 4 pieces of baby corn
- 250 grams tofu
- 1 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 400 g rice noodles
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Mint leaves
- Basil leaves
- Lemon wedges
1. To make the coconut milk, mix 4 tablespoons of Coconut Milk Powder in 200 ml of lukewarm water.
2. Blend all the ingredients of the Laksa paste in a grinder.
2. Shallow fry tofu cubes in a wok till they turn brown on all sides and keep them aside.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the chopped spring onion bulbs and sauté for a few seconds.
4. Add the Laksa paste and stir continuously till the oil separates (around 5 minutes).
5. Then add the sliced carrots, beans and baby corn, and stir fry till the beans are half cooked.
6. Next, add the vegetable stock, chopped mushrooms and capsicums.
7. Add mint leaves, basil leaves, salt and soy sauce. Let the gravy boil for a 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Pour in the coconut milk and combine well.
9. Meanwhile, cook the rice noodles according to the packet instructions.
10. Place the noodles in a bowl and pour the gravy over it.
11. Top it off with a lemon wedge, mint leaves, coriander and fried tofu.