- Cuisine: Indian
- Dish: Dessert
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 5 tbsp Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 glass lukewarm water
- 1 cup rice
- 5 tsp sugar or according to taste
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp nutmeg powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp ghee
- Cuddapah almonds
- Cashew nuts
1. Mix the coconut milk powder with a glass of lukewarm water.
2. Once all the powder has dissolved, add the remaining half glass of water and mix well.
3. In a large kadhai, heat the coconut milk over medium flame. Stir continuously.
4. Add the rice, stir and add the sugar.
5. Let the milk cook for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir continuously throughout to prevent burning the milk.
6. In a small tadka kadhai, add the ghee, almonds, pistachios, raisins, cuddapah almonds and cashew nuts. Roast till golden brown.
7. Now, add the roasted nuts in the kheer and mix well. Let it cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Recipe contributed by Maharashtrian recipes (Youtube)