- Cuisine: Continental
- Dish: Dessert
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup tutti fruiti
- 1/4 cup black raisins
- 1 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Granular Jaggery
- 1/4 cup + 1tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup milk powder
- 1/4 tsp chocolate essence
- 1/4 stick of cinnamon
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2-3 cloves
1. Pre-heat a kadhai over a low frame. Cover it with a lid.
2. Mix all the dry fruits with 1/4 cup wheat flour and keep it aside.
3. Take the granular jaggery and mix it in 1/2 cup of hot milk.
4. Mix in the oil and chocolate essence.
5. Grind the cinnamon, cardamom pods and cloves into a fine powder. Add this powder to the milk and whisk.
6. Place a sieve over the mixing bowl and sift 1 cup of wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cup milk powder.
7. Mix all the ingredients well, add room temperature milk to it and whisk again.
8. Fold in the dry fruits and 1/2 cup of milk.
9. Add 2 tsp vinegar or lemon juice to the batter and mix again.
10. Transfer the batter into a greased cake tin lined with butter paper.
11. Tap the cake tin to remove air bubbles.
12. Garnish with dry fruits and tutti fruiti.
13. Place a stand in the kadhai and position the cake tin on it. Cover the kadhai and cook over low flame for 40-45 minutes.
14. Insert a toothpick to check if the cake is done.
15. Allow it to cool and unmould the cake.
Recipe contributed by Nilu's Kitchen (YouTube)