Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 5 tbsp Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 bowl of warm water
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1/4 cup chopped dry fruits (cashew nuts, almonds and pistachios)
- 1 tbsp chopped raisins
- 2 cups grated carrot
- 12 saffron strands
- 2 tbsp Granular Jaggery
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
1. Mix the coconut milk powder with water to make coconut milk and keep it aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and roast the chopped dry fruits till the turn slight golden. Then add the rains a fry for a few seconds.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of ghee to the same pan.
5. Add the grated carrot and cook until it turns fragrant.
6. Pour the prepared coconut milk and mix well.
7. Cook until the coconut milk thickens.
8. Add 10-12 saffron strands and mix and cook for another 5 minutes.
9. Add the granular jaggery , mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
10. Add the cardamom powder and fried dry fruits. Mix everything well.
Serve warm or cold.
Recipe contributed by _thefoodiewiththebook_ (Instagram)
Leave a comment