- Cuisine: Indian
- Dish: Appetisers & Snacks
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
For the Dhokla:
- 1 cup semolina
- 1/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup curd
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger chilli paste
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
- Water as required
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp fruit salt
- Red chilli powder
- Black pepper powder
For the tadka:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 green chilli
1. Take the semonlina, coconut flour, curd, sugar, ginger chilli paste, grated ginger, sesame seeds, salt and oil in a bowl and mix the ingredients nicely.
2. Gradually add water and whisk the ingredients together to form the dhokla batter.
3. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
4. Now add the asafoetida, fruit salt and a teaspoon of water and whisk.
5. Pour the batter into a greased pan and sprinkle black pepper powder, red chilli powder and sesame seeds over it.
6. Cover the pan and steam for 15 minutes.
7. Let it cool for 5 minutes and cut the dhokla into square pieces.
8. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a smaller pan and add the mustard seeds, curry leaves and green chillies.
9. Pour this mixture over the dhokla and garnish with coriander leaves.
Recipe contributed by Viraj Naik Recipes (YouTube)