Cuisine : Indian
Dish : Dessert
Prep Time: 2 hours Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 L whole milk
- 30 g thin vermicelli (sewai) or roasted vermicelli
- 6–7 dates (khajur)
- 20 g cashews (kaju)
- 20 g almonds (badam)
- 20 g pistachios (pista)
- 10 g raisins
- 1/2 Tsp cardamom powder
- 2 Tbsp ghee
- 1 Tbsp milk powder
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Milk Powder
- 4 Tbsp Cane Jaggery Powder
- Soak the almonds, raisins, dates and cashews for 2 hours.
- Take them out and let them air dry.
- Grate all the dry fruits except the raisins.
- Roast them in 1 tbsp ghee and set them aside for later.
- Roast the sewai in 1 tbsp ghee till it changes colour and keep it aside. You can skip this step if you are using roasted sewai.
- Heat the milk over a low flame.
- Add the cardamom powder.
- When the milk is lukewarm, take a cup and set it aside. Add milk and coconut milk powder to it. Mix till there are no lumps. Your slurry is ready.
- When the milk comes to a boil, add the roasted sewai. Stir and cook over low heat.
- Once the milk starts to boil again, add the dry fruits.
- Add the milk and coconut milk powder slurry.
- Once the sewai softens and the milk starts reducing, add the raisins and turn the flame off.
- Transfer into a bowl and let it cool down a little. Add jaggery and stir until it dissolves. Your delicious Sheer Khurma is ready!
Note: Do not add jaggery to piping hot milk or it will curdle.