Seepu Seedai Recipe (Seepu Murukku)
Prep Time: 30 minutes Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp urad daal flour
- 1 cup rice flour
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Prepare the coconut milk by mixing 4 tablespoons of Coconut Milk Powder with 200 ml of lukwarm water.
- Sift the rice flour, urad daal flour and salt into a bowl and mix.
- Add coconut milk and butter; then knead to make a smooth dough. Make sure to add the coconut milk a little at a time. Add a little water if required.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 12 minutes.
- Grease your palm and fingers. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin till it is 5 mm thick and cut into any shape of your choice.
- Carefully place the pieces on a dry kitchen towel or butter paper.
- Heat the oil for frying.
- Fry the seedai over a medium flame till they are golden brown. Let them cool in a tissue covered plate.
Leave a comment