Prep Time: 5 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
For the Dough
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup water
For the Filling
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3/4 cup Coconut Jaggery Powder
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
1. In a preheated pan, add a teaspoon of ghee, grated coconut and coconut jaggery powder. Mix until it becomes thick.
2. Add cardamom powder and stir. Turn off the stove and set the mixture aside to cool.
3. To make the dough, heat water in a pot and add ghee as well as a pinch of salt. Bring this to a boil.
4. Reduce the flame and gradually add the flour while stirring.
5. Once it is mixed well, turn the gas off, cover the vessel and set it aside to cool down slightly.
6. Mix the slightly hot mixture into a smooth dough. If the dough looks dry, add a tablespoon or two of warm water and knead.
7. Divide the dough into 11 equal portions and roll them into balls. Cover them with a damp cloth and set them aside.