CUISINE : Indian
DISH : Snack
DIET : Vegan
PREP TIME: 10 MINUTES COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
- 2 Cups dried makhane (Lotus Seeds/Fox nuts)
- 1/4 Cup Cane Jaggery
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/8 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
How to make it:
- In a pan, mix the jaggery and water. Boil the mixture while stirring till you get a syrupy consistency and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in a pan.
- Add the makhane and cook them over medium heat for 7 minutes or until they brown. Stir occasionally. The makhane should be crisp.
- Add the desiccated coconut and toast for a minute.
- Now add the jaggery syrup and turn the flame off.
- Stir continuously till the jaggery sticks to the makhane. Let it cool.
You're new healthy snack is ready for your late-night binge-watching session.