- Cuisine: Continental
- Dish: Dessert
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup + 1 tsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup tutti fruiti
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice or vingegar
- Dry fruits for garnishing
Place a stand in a kadhai, cover it with a lid and preheat it over a low flame. Alternatively, you can preheat an oven at 180°C.
1. Mix the tutti fruiti with a teaspoon of all purpose flour and set it aside. This will ensure the pieces of tutti fruiti don't settle at the bottom of the cake.
2. In a mixing bowl, add the oil and sugar and whisk them together.
3. Add 1/2 cup of milk and whisk the ingredients together.
4. Once the ingredients are combined well, add the vanilla extract.
5. Place a sieve over the mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, coconut flour, baking powder, baking soda and sift the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl.
6. Add a pinch of salt and mix the dry and wet ingredients.
7. As the batter thickens, add a 1/4 cup of milk and whisk again.
8. To make the cake fluffy, add the lemon juice or vinegar and fold the batter with a spatula.
9. Add the tutti fruit and cut and fold it into the batter.
10. Transfer the batter into a greased cake tin that is lined with parchment paper.
11. Garnish with more pieces of tuttti fruiti and dry fruits.
12. Gently tap the cake tin to get rid of extra air bubbles.
13. Place the cake tin in the kadhai and let it bake for 40 minutes over low flame. If you are using an oven, then bake at 180°C for 35 to 40 minutes.
14. After baking, pierce the cake with a toothpick or skewer. If it comes out clean, then the cake is done.
15. Allow the cake to cool before unmoulding.
Recipe contributed by Nilu's Kitchen (YouTube)