- Cuisine: Indian
- Dish: Appetisers & Snacks
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup oats
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 cup capsicum
- 1/4 cup carrot
- Fresh coriander
- 2 green chillies
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 5-6 cups water
- Oil as required
1. Grind the oats into a fine powder.
2. Mix the ground oats, coconut flour, capsicum, carrot, fresh coriander, green chillies, ginger, salt, black pepper powder and turmeric powder (optional).
3. Gradually stir in the water to make the batter.
4. Let it sit for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, the batter will look slightly thicker.
5. Grease a frying pan with oil and ladle in a spoonful of batter. Spread the batter a little, add oil near the edges, cover the pan with a lid and let the batter cook over medium flame.
6. After 2 to 3 minutes, flip the cheela and let it cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Make more cheelas in a similar manner.
Best served hot with a side of chutney.
Recipe contributed by Rasoi Palace (YouTube)