Prep Time: 2 hours Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup Cane Jaggery Powder
- 4 1/2 tbsp mango powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp black salt
- 1 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 6 sundried dates
- 5 cloves
- 4 black cardamoms
- 15 peppercorns
- 5 green cardamoms
- 1 1/2 cup water
1. Soak dry dates in water for 2 hours, remove the seeds and slice them.
2. Take the cardamom seeds from the pods.
3. Grind the cardamom seeds with cloves and peppercorns into a fine powder.
4. Fill a saucepan with water and add mango powder. Mix well and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
5. Add the jaggery powder, salt, black salt, ginger powder, red chilli powder and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add the sliced dates, ground cardamom, clove and peppercorn mixture, roasted cumin powder and stir.
7. Simmer till it starts to thicken.
8. Turn off the stove. As it cools, it will thicken to a honey-like consistency.